Youth Umpire Signup
Are you 14-18 years old and looking for a great job, making great money, working with kids in a sport you love? Are you currently working as a Youth Umpire, but looking for more experience, training and opportunity?
If you answered YES to either of those questions, then FVB is looking for you!
FVB is the leading Baseball and Softball umpire organization in Chicagoland since 1994. Over 550 of our members provide quality officiating to local Little Leagues, High Schools, small College and summers programs throughout the year.
In 2017 FVB partnered with Crystal Lake Little League Baseball and Crystal Lake Girls Fastpitch Softball to provide Youth Umpires to officiate games. With this partnership FVB also started a youth training and education program. Our six-week program provides our youth umpires with the skills, knowledge and conduct necessary to provide quality officiating.
The 2017 program was so successful that in 2018 we have rebranded this program to be called JVB (JV Blues) and will be expanding to Algonquin, Burlington/Elgin and Barrington. JVB is looking for interested young women and young men between the ages of 14-18 to continue our success in 2018.
Signup starts now!
Here is a list of what to expect:
- Training: FVB will provide all required training, including both Class and Field sessions
- Equipment & Uniforms: FVB will provide all Equipment, and one shirt/hat set. Umpires to provide own pants/shoes/belt
- Excellent pay!!! Games will pay in the $25-40 range for 90 minutes. Upon turning 17 and obtaining IHSA certification, you can graduate into FVB and work games paying $50-65
- Flexibility...Choose your own schedule...work as often as you'd like, specific days, etc.
- Incredible Resume Builder...As you are filling out your College applications, listing Umpire in your experience will demonstrate Leadership, Community Service, Conflict Resolution and Communicatyion skills...all could be key differentiators in the college application process. These skills as an Umpire are transferable into every walk of life as an Adult.
*** 2018 UMPIRE REGISTRATION*** We will be hosting an Information Session at the Crystal Lake Rib House on Thursday, Feb 22 at 6:30 to meet/greet kids and parents, discuss our expectations, answer any questions, officially register kids. To register for the Information Session, or the general program, please complete form below.
Feb 22 - Information Session
March - Training Programs start (Details TBD)
April - Games start
If interested or have questions, please contact Tim Goraj.
To Register for this program to become an FVB Youth Umpire, click here.